Thursday, June 21, 2012

Who Cares?

“I appeal to those responsible for the violence to immediately stop the spilling of the blood of many innocents.” GEJ from Rio in Brazil. Hmmm...how I wish to reserve my comments. But it good to note that we are on our own. People earn huge salaries and allowances to cater for the welfare of the Nigerian citizenry; to defend the unity of the country by ensuring security of lives and properties; to defend the sovereignty of Nigeria by upholding the Constitution at all times, but what do we get? Nothing!!! I read in the press this morning that Mr President can rule from anywhere. Gosh, my heart bleeds. War isn't more than this. Call people in Kaduna and Damaturu and confirm what I'm saying. I just spoke with my friends and families in Damaturu...huh, things have fallen apart! But we won't stop, we'll continually pray because they've affirmed to us that we are 'on our own'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buying Money with Money: The Hidden Cost of a Cash-Driven Economy

There is a phrase that captures a peculiar reality in many developing economies: “We are buying money with money.” At first, it sounds contr...