Monday, January 30, 2012

Africa that I know...

Africa that I know has strength, vigour and capabilities in all ramifications. Why are we belittling ourselves? Cultivating inner awareness, introspection and reasoning can be more effective than meditation and prayer. We lived greater part of our years as apologetic creatures who do more of prayers than working. I mean structural and intellectual works that imbibe promotion and growth.

We often subject ourselves to neurotic subservience before the Western world. It's high time Africa re-told its story. Enough of pictures of crying starving babies to get aid. What is the essence of celebrating annually Malaria Day, AIDS Day, Tuberculosis Day...?

These mediocrity must stop! We need to show our progress and successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buying Money with Money: The Hidden Cost of a Cash-Driven Economy

There is a phrase that captures a peculiar reality in many developing economies: “We are buying money with money.” At first, it sounds contr...